If you are the type of person who looks for at natural way to stop snoring, these snoring exercises that strengthen the airway might just be what you are looking for.
We all notice our body parts sagging especially when we age, so why would any other part of your body be any different. Snoring is the sound caused from the vibration of loose tissue at the back of the upper airway. When you fall asleep the muscles and soft tissue relax and partially block the free flow of air.
Oral myofunctional therapy (exercises for the soft palate and tongue) is a relatively new field of study, but has reported a high success rate says sleep specialist Robert Rosenberg * If you have 10-15 minutes a day here are 6 exercises that you can do that can effectively reduce snoring frequency by 36% and snoring power by 59%.
6 tongue exercises to stop snoring!
Repeat these tongue exercises 20 times
1. Push the tip of the tongue against the roof of your mouth and slide the tongue backward.
2. Suck the tongue upward, pressing the entire tongue against flush with the palate.
3. Force the underside of the tongue against the floor of the mouth while keeping the tip of the tongue in contact with the bottom front teeth.
4. As you do for the doctor when she inspects your throat, lift the soft palate (the back of the roof of your mouth) and uvula.
5. Insert your right index finger into your mouth, pressing the inside of your finger against the length of your left cheek. Engage your cheek muscle and return the pressure against your finger.
6. When you're eating, bite down, then lift your tongue to the roof of your mouth as you swallow, without tightening your cheek muscles.
These exercises will take some time to relieve your snoring problem, so don't expect instant results. These exercises will be a lifestyle change that will help you stop snoring for the long term.
* Sleep specialist Robert Rosenberg, D.O., F.C.C.P., medical director of the Sleep Disorders Center of Prescott Valley, Arizona, and author of (Sleep Soundly Every Night, Feel Fantastic Every Day)